Colleges and Universities
Undergrad, Postgrad, Doctorate, Medical, Community, Private, Vocational
4-Year Colleges and Universities:
Oregon State System of Higher Education
Private 4-Year Colleges and Universities
- Eastern Oregon University La Grande. 2,823 Undergraduates, 283 Postgraduates. Business, Education, Arts & Sciences, Dental Hygiene, Agriculture, Nursing.
- Oregon Health & Sciences University Portland. 3,900 Postgrads. Medical School, Dental School, Nursing School, Engineering Graduate School.
- Oregon Institute of Technology Klamath Falls. 4,000 Students. The only completely geothermally heated university campus in the United States. Only public institute of technology in the NW United States. Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering. Geomatics. Land Surveying. Geographic Information Systems. Medical Imaging Technology, Respiratory Care and Dental Hygiene.
- Oregon State University Corvallis. 22,000 Students. Varsity Football and Basketball. Agriculture, Education, Health, Human Services, Engineering, Veterinary, Oceanography, Liberal Arts, Science, Pharmacy, Forestry, Business.
- Portland State University Downtown Portland. 18,000 Undergrads, 6,000 Postgrads. Now the largest University in Oregon. Part of the Oregon University System. School of Business Administration, Graduate School of Education, School of Fine and Performing Arts, School of Social Work, College of Urban and Public Affairs, Maseeh College of Engineering and Computer Science, and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Southern Oregon University Ashland. 4,500 Students. A four-year public university specializing in liberal arts, sciences, and select graduate and professional programs.
- Southwestern Oregon University Center Coos Bay. Study for 4-year degree through any Oregon University through classes at the Community College.
- University of Oregon Eugene. 16,000 Undergrads, 4,000 Postgrads. 295 Acres. 17 Varisty Teams including Football & Basketball. Art, Architecture, Public Policy, Anthropilogy, Chemestry, IT, Environmental, Langages, Humanities, Marine Biology, PolySci, Teaching, Accounting, Business Administration, Journalism, Music.
- Western Oregon University Monmouth. 5,000 Students. A College of Education and a College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Concordia University NE Portland. 1,700 Students. Lutheran Missouri Synod. 18 Majors: Education, Management, Health, Human Services, Theology, Biology, History, Nursing. In May 2010, bought a building in Boise Idaho for a long planned Law School.
- George Fox University Newberg. 3,000 Students. Christian, Quaker. 108 Acres.
- Lewis and Clark University and Law School. 2,000 Undergrads, 1,500 Postgrads. 137 Acres on the site of a department-store baron's estate.
- Linfield College McMinnville.2,000 Undergrads. Nursing, Healthcare, Teaching. Since 1999, 16 grads have won Fulbright grants.
- Marylhurst University Just South of Portland. 800 Undergrads, 550 Postgrads. Picturesque campus. Accredited liberal arts and professional programs.
- Multnomah Bible College Northeast Portland. 850 Students. Also: Multnomah University. Christian. Bachelor's degree in biblical studies, a Master of Divinity and a Master of Divinity in Theological Studies. Master's programs in theology, biblical studies, and pastoral studies.
- National College of Naturopathic Medicine Downtown Portland. 500 Students. Before July 1 2010: National College of Naturopathic Medicine. Oldest of six accredited naturopathic medical schools in North America.
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine Southeast Portland. Master's and postgrad doctoral degrees in acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine with authorization to award Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and Doctor of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine degrees.
- Pacific University Portland & Forrest Grove. 3,200 students. Founded by the United Church of Christ (UCC), the university is no longer formally associated with the UCC. It is now a small private, independent liberal arts school, offering graduate programs in Education, Optometry Doctorates, Writing, Health Sciences, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Dental Science, Pharmacy, Healthcare Administration. MFA Writing.
- Portland Bible College Portland. Private, non-accredited, four-year, college. Theological and ministry degrees. Associated with City Bible Church. The campus is atop Rocky Butte in northeast Portland.
- Reed College SE Portland. 1,400 undergrads, 29 postgrads. Private, independent, liberal arts college. Beautiful campus. Only private undergraduate college with a nuclear reactor supporting its science programs. Noted for unusually high percentage of graduates who go on to earn PhDs and other postgraduate degrees.
- University of Portland North Portland. 3,500 students. 124 Acres. A private Roman Catholic University. A sister school to the University of Notre Dame. The only university in Oregon to offer, at one location, a college of arts and sciences; a graduate school; and schools of business, education, engineering, and nursing.
- Warner Pacific College Southeast Portland. Christ-centered, service oriented. Busines, Health, Music, Science, Math, Education, Humanities, Ministries, Psychology.
- Western States Chiropractic College Northeast Portland. Now: University of Western States, a chiropractic college.
- Willamette University and Law School. Salem. 2,500 students. Education, MBA, Liberal Arts. 1,800 Undergrads.
- University of Western States Northeast Portland. University of Western States (formerly known as Western States Chiropractic College) is a chiropractic college in Northeast Portland, Oregon.
- Apollo College Portland. A privately held, higher education division of U.S. Education Corporation,
- Art Institute of Portland Portland. Culinary, media arts, design and fashion. Grants bachelor and associate degrees in a number of disciplines including advertising, apparel accessory design, apparel design, design management, design studies, digital film and video, game art and design, graphic design, industrial design, interactive media design, interior design, media arts and animation, photography and design, visual and game programming, and visual effects and motion graphics.
- Capstone English Mastery Center Downtown Portland. Trains in written and spoken English. Many students are foreign nationals who seek to develop better English skills prior to entering USA university programs.
- Everest College A system of for profit colleges in the United States and the Canadian province of Ontario. Accounting, business, criminal justice, health care, and paralegal studies.
- Oregon College of Art & Craft Grants Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees and certificates in book arts, ceramics, drawing and painting, fibers, metals, photography and wood.
Portland. Pacific Northwest College of Art Bachelor of Fine Arts and Master of Fine Arts degrees. Nine departments: communication design, illustration, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, intermedia. A mentor-based MFA in Visual Studies. An MFA in Applied Craft and Design.
- Le Cordon Bleu Portland. College of Cullinary Arts. A private culinary school located in downtown Portland. 950 undergrads.